Friday, May 5, 2017

Amboni Caves and Last Day in Tanga

Hey guys,
I went spelunking in a skirt ;) . It was a great experience! The entrance was 20,000 TSH (less than `0 dollars) for an hour and a half tour. We went with the dental therapy students in Tanga and the principal, Dr. Betson, drove us there. Some of the passageways were extremely narrow and I started to get a little scared. Luckily those passages were only scattered throughout the caves. But we did see a ton of bats! People used to hide out in the caves, some that were hiding from oppressive political policies and some that were inflicting those oppressive policies. Ask me for more info about.
Entrance to the cave in the shape of Africa

Tanga Dental Therapy Training Centre Crew


Spelunking in a skirt ;) .




There was also an area dedicated for a mosque inside the cave, as well.
I became close with one of the dental therapy students Asina, so I met her in her dorms. After a while, Imani, one of the other dental therapy students showed me what life truly was like in Tanga and took me to a locals-only beach club. I couldn't help but feeling like a native Tanzanian there!

At the local beach club.




No comments:

Post a Comment